BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Monday, February 8, 2010

No Comprendo

Greetings earthlings...

Lately I have been feeling extremely emotionally and I am pretty sure I know why, but we won't go there LOL. Anywhoo... As I was discussing a recent article with a friend, it reminded me of a topic that I have been dying to blog about.

So in this article, a man, 26 years of age at the time, was accused of raping a 15 year old Catholic school girl in 1994. After being in jail for 14 years, he was proven innocent. Could you imagine?

With that story told, it leads me to my next point...

Things that I have given up trying to understand (part 1)

No. 1- Why bad things happen to good people

Now, I know this is a question that can be answered with quotations from different religious texts, but sometimes, those scriptures just don't satisfy me enough. I do believe in a higher being and such, however, it has always rattled my brain as to why bad things happen to good people. In this world, it is so much easier to be bad than good, so why is it that the good gets the short end of the stick?

So now, I think back to this case where this man was behind bars for 14 years.... not 1, not 5, but 14 long years for a crime he didn't commit. *That would have eaten me up inside*

However, he elected to meet his accuser after an appeal to the court's decision and being let free. He didn't hold anything against her and was moreso focused on rebuilding his life with family.

It's all too often that I hear about innocent bystanders getting hurt in acts they had nothing to do with. No matter how many charities I've donated to, or hours I volunteer, nothing saves me from being subject to evil-doers.

Life is complicated-- We live in a world where its hard to determine whether good prevails bad, or if bad clobbers good. Think about it...

You can either be a good person and watch everyone else around you do wrong OR do wrong while everyone expects people to do wrong anyway, therefore making it okay in some instances. Now, I do believe you are rewarded time to time for being good, but for some people, those accolades are far and few and nonetheless not worth it. And sometimes, you don't feel like being good gets you anywhere. So why bother?

In either case, it breaks my heart when I hear about something horrible (specifically unpreventable) happen to an innocent person. The only thing you can wonder is "why would something so terrible happen to this person and their family?" And no matter how much I try to add things up, some times, it still makes no sense to me *sigh*

I've come to the point where I am over trying to understand why this happens. I HAVE to have answers to questions, but for this one, it's one of those things that I have learned to live with and let be.

But don't worry... I am all good (winks). I don't think I have what it takes to be bad-- remember I think with my heart waaaay too much LOL.

My frustrations don't end here... I actually have a ton of things to add to my "No Comprendo" list-- so definitely look out for part 2.

Ttfn... ta ta for now
K
xoxo

0 comments: